When you’re experiencing jet lag and can’t sleep, what is the first thing you do?
Write a blog post!
Hey guys! If you can’t tell, I am currently jet lagged and my whole time zones are completely messed up. I got this idea for a post and decided to stop willing myself to sleep.
So why do I read?
Why do you drink water or eat food?
There are so many reasons that I will list below.
- Finding my traits within other characters
- I love stories
- I love love
- Learning how others think
- Creating bonds with non-existent characters and wishing they were real
- It might become a TV show or movie
- Discovering new vocabulary and phrases for when I write my own stories
- People usually leave me alone when I read
- It doesn’t involve sport or anything that makes me move
- Female heroines
- Female authors
- Adaptations of stories that play out in my head
- It was a past time my Nana loved and she passed on to me
- Hot male characters I obsess over…
- Witnessing changes within periods and history
- Good book designs
- Books look so adorable on my shelves
- Authors blowing my mind into oblivion
- I’m a dreamer and books fulfil those dreams
They are my 20 reasons why I read. I have so much more but I think this is enough for now.
What are some of your reasons why you like to read? Do you even need a reason?
Thanks so much for reading,
Pierina Reads ❤